Guildford CC captains are reviewed at the end of each season. The selection of captains at Guildford CC follows the process outlined below:
- The Cricket Chairman asks the existing captains whether they would like to be considered as captain for the following season.
- The Captaincy Selection Team* meets to discuss the captaincy of each team in the adult section.
- Following the meeting, the choices of captain are asked whether they would be willing to take on the role.
- If any are not willing, the Captaincy Selection Team reconvenes to find an alternative.
- Any decisions are finalised at the Autumn AGM.
*The Captaincy Selection Team consists of the Cricket Chairman, Club Coach and two other senior members of the adult section representing the men’s and women’s teams.