Guildford Cricket Club
Controlled access to the cricket nets
under ECB guidance
Public Health Guidance for Limited Usage from Strict Conditions and Website Booking System
This guidance is driven by public health considerations.
Latest update for Club Members, 30 May 2020
Good news we now have two grass nets on the square and they can now be booked on the online booking system– they will be available from Monday 1 June 2020.
We have also extended the opening time to 8pm so all four nets will be available from 12-8pm.
As per copy below, the nets are only available to fully paid up members of the club. Please do not try to book a net if you are not a fully paid up member. The same applies if you try to attend a net when someone else has booked it. Payment options are available with the club treasurer.
We are also hoping the ECB will relax the 2 person per net situation in the next few days but until we hear from them we have to adhere to the existing guidelines.
07768 374 921
The nets will be open from Saturday 23 May 2020. Usage will be strictly regulated based on the terms of the ECB Guidance issued on Friday 15 May 2020. These have at their heart the government’s social distancing and other measures which also remain in place in all respects.
Enforcement of Conditions of Usage of the Nets
This advice is principally to clarify our responsibilities towards other members. Covid-19 is a deadly disease which continues to circulate in the community. Some of us may be young and/or immune but we can also be a carrier of the virus and pass it on to others who may be less fortunate.
Therefore, the use of the nets will be monitored and the guidance below strictly enforced. As any member or members in breach of the guidance would constitute an unwarranted risk to the health of others they will face disciplinary measures.
Summary of Main Points
- The pavilion, including changing rooms, showers and toilets are closed. The public toilets in Woodbridge Road may be open.
- The Club is required to maintain an accurate written record of contact information for those who have used the nets to support contact tracing in the case of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection. The online booking system has been devised for this very purpose and is compulsory.
- Bookings are for a limited duration of 45 minutes and you must vacate the nets immediately. You may not stay to socialise.
- The Government guidelines of social distancing must be observed at all times.
- Only members who have paid a 2020 subscription may book or otherwise use the nets.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a parent or an adult living in the same household who must be present throughout the net session.
- There will be a first aid kit on site for personal use, but no first aider.
- Anyone who experiences Covid-19 symptoms within 7 days of being at Woodbridge Road must report that fact to Charley Teale, GCC Welfare Officer, on 07906 051158.
Strict social distancing measures in accordance with government advice are at the heart of the conditions of use:
- users must cease practising and vacate the nets 45 minutes after the booked start time of each session – do not overstay your allocated time slot which ends at 15 minutes to the hour; you must be clear of the area by the time the next users arrive. You may not stay to socialise.
- two members may share a net if they are from different households or from the same household.
- three members may only use a single net if they are all from the same household.
- initially, only two of four nets will be open at any one time with a distance of at least one vacant net between them. A further two nets maybe added on the square depending on demand.
- your net will be allocated to you in the booking system – you may not vary this.
Other Covid-19 Related Measures to be Observed
As well as washing your hands at home before leaving for the Club:
- members must bring their own hand sanitiser with them and apply it before entering the nets
- Covid-19 may be contracted by touching a ball or equipment handled by an infected person – to reduce the risk of this no saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time
- for the same reason do not borrow equipment – use only your own equipment, including your own cricket balls – your equipment must be kept in a zipped bag when not in use
- similarly avoid touching the netting and metal work of the nets
- the pavilion remains closed and members must not attempt to gain entry at any time
- only members who have paid their full 2020 subscription will be able to make a booking. Go to the Club’s Membership page for further details. Go to the Club’s Pitchero page to pay your 2020 subs.
- If players are experiencing difficulties in maintaining their membership through loss of earnings because of the pandemic they should contact the Guildford Cricket Club Treasurer
- fellow users of your net must also have paid their subscription
- nets can only be used if pre-booked on the online booking system – please see the tracing requirements for Covid-19 within the ECB guidelines
- bookings must include ALL of your fellow net users’ names – please see the tracing requirements for Covid-19 within the ECB guidelines
- members may only participate in one net session per day
- bookings will be on a first come, first served, basis
- the nets will be open between 12 noon and close at 6pm (further details and time slots will be published as soon as available)
- Guildford Cricket Club’s Privacy Notice
How to Book