Job Vacancy Director of Women and Girls cricket at Guildford CC (Part time)
Guildford Cricket Club wishes to appoint a dynamic and driven person, with a passion for women and girls cricket in particular to lead the growth and development of it’s female section.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan and lead all coaching for girls aged 11+ at the club.
- Plan and lead all coaching for the women’s team.
- Work with club’s Director of Cricket to devise a year round coaching plan for Women and Girls at the club, starting with winter nets in January 2024.
- Lead the development of a full girl’s pathway at the club: transitioning from girls to women’s cricket.
- Develop players capable of representing Surrey CCC at age group girls level.
- Develop links with local schools, sports clubs, and other organisations as a way of attracting girls and women to the club to play cricket.
- Support the club in achieving it’s long term aspirations for girls cricket (as stated below)
- Be a positive role model for the club and its desire to have one of the best women and girls sections around.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum ECB Level 2 Coaching Qualification (now Core Coach)
- Experience of coaching women and girls
- Knowledge of the ECBs Player Pathway for Women and Girls
- Knowledge of local area
- Good technical coaching knowledge
Remuneration and Additional Opportunities:
- Competitive rate of pay aligned to candidate’s experience
- Opportunities coaching Junior boys/All Stars
- Summer Camp Coaching
- Playing for GCC Women’s First XI (not compulsory)
To apply, please contact Oli Soames (Guildfordcc.email@example.com) outlining your coaching experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for the club.
A Women’s Cricket Section was formed at the Club in 2002 when Waverley Ladies’ Cricket Club merged with us. One of our founder members was involved with Bramley CC (south of Guildford) which is an interesting historical link because the first recorded Ladies’ Cricket matches was played at Bramley in the 18th century.
Guildford Women’s Cricket has made steady progress on the field. We joined the Women’s Cricket Southern League upon its formation in 2004. In 2007, we won promotion to Division 2. In 2011, we achieved promotion again and played in the Championship in the Women’s Cricket Southern League in 2012, which was one level below the ECB Women’s Premier League.
In 2021, the Women’s 1st XI were crowned champions of Surrey Division 1. This season the team will feature in the Championship for longer form games and the Elite T20 competition.
All Women’s teams continue to provide a platform for new and young players to develop their skills, techniques and knowledge of the game.
Surrey Slam – Thunder
The Women’s Team is called the Thunder and their captain is Tbc
The Surrey Slam is a T20 league played by more than 100 teams across the county. Initially the groups are organised regionally before moving on to a knock out phase.
1st XI players are exempt and most sides have a mixture of seniors and juniors. Guildford made their debut in the 2019 season.
Guildford CC’s Senior Women’s Cricket is proudly sponsored by SI Capital & Snows Kia