Guildford CC is one of the largest, most successful cricket clubs in Surrey. We are founder members of the Surrey Championship League and our 1st XI play in the Premier Division.
On a Saturday we field three men’s Xls whilst on a Sunday our Academy (U-21) team play in the Surrey Trust League. Our Women’s first team are in the Championship division of the Southern League and we also run a development team. In addition we have Men’s and Women’s teams in the T20 Surrey Slam competition. We also run a vast programme of junior cricket, ages 7-17.
Director of Cricket
Guildford Cricket Club, one of the leading clubs in Surrey, are seeking to appoint their first Director of Cricket.
The club have a strong record of success in the Surrey Championship and have played a leading role in a large number of players rising to first-class and international cricket.
Three senior men’s teams, a host of junior sides who have achieved success in both county and national competitions and a thriving women’s section make Guildford a club rich in potential.
Based at Woodbridge Road, which hosts first-class cricket each year, the club have modern facilities and a full-time groundstaff.
Guildford are seeking someone who will spearhead the club’s re-establishment on the field as a leading Premier Division side after relegation this year, while understanding the ethos of the club to promote talented young players from within.
This position offers the opportunity to work at a unique location with the potential to shape the role as the first incumbent of it, promoting the candidate’s own profile within the game.
- To develop a strategy to harness the talent within the club, combined with careful recruitment, to ensure Guildford become a leading team in the Surrey Championship.
- To understand and develop the full cycle of a junior player.
- To develop a coaching programme for all ages in both men’s and women’s cricket.
- To ensure talented players have a pathway to achieve county recognition and beyond through high-class coaching and support.
- To lead and liaise with the coaching team in all areas of the club, setting the high standards and creating a positive culture.
- To work with the senior captains to provide relevant feedback and frequent opportunities for junior players moving into senior cricket.
Personal profile and requirements
- ECB Level 3 (preferred).
- Established player in ECB Premier Division or equivalent, or higher levels of game, ready to play leading role on the field.
- Ability to plan and lead structured coaching sessions for all ages.
- Excellent organisational skills to support admin duties.
- Strong leadership of both volunteers and professional coaches.
- Proficient communication with parental membership base.
- Willingness to buy into club ethos and help drive long-term vision.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Deliver high-class coaching sessions throughout the winter and summer programme.
- Regular engagement with age group leads to include administrative guidance, training of coaches and support through coaching courses.
- Act as an ambassador for the club and consistently uphold the club’s ethos and culture while being an active member.
- Assist captains with selection of senior cricket sides at weekly meetings.
- Hours and times to be agreed with the successful candidate.
- £20K+ negotiable with experience.
- Potential for considerable extra income through coaching and courses.
To discuss the role further please contact Bob Cunningham (chairman of cricket committee) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to be submitted with CV by 10 October, 2019.
Fair Play and Our Vision
Guildford Cricket Club supports and endorses a policy of respect for opposition players, officials and team-mates.
We encourage competitive cricket played in the right spirit and encourage all our members, of whatever age, to enjoy the game and the Club’s facilities.
Guildford Cricket Club Junior section
Junior Section Club Ethos
It is important to us that the Junior Section is an enjoyable, successful, well-respected and professional cricket club for all involved.
Please take a minute to watch these children and to hear how they see their world of sport.
This film has been produced by the NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) as part of a range of materials to support sports clubs to promote positive parental/spectator behaviour.
Partners and Major Events
Cricket For All
Come and join us here at Woodbridge Road.
Whatever your age or ability, male or female, there is a welcome for you here at Guildford CC.
Seniors’ training takes place on Thursday evenings from 6pm, so come down to Woodbridge Road and meet our coaches and captains. Contact Bob Cunningham.
For Juniors, training is on Friday nights and Sunday mornings with a Winter Nets programme at RGS January to March. We accommodate boys and girls from the age of 8 and there’s a clear path into senior cricket as the youngsters develop. Contact Matthew Finnegan.
Guildford Cricket Club Junior section
Junior Summer Training
Successful Club, State of the Art Pavilion, Thriving Junior Section, Close Relationship with Surrey CC, Matches in Various Leagues (U9s and above)Junior Coaching
All abilities welcome from beginners to county standard players
Laws of Cricket 2017 Code
Summary of changes
A new Code of the Laws of Cricket has been drafted and approved by the M.C.C. Committee. The Code, to be titled Laws of Cricket 2017 Code will come into force on 1st October 2017. The last time that a new Code of Laws was written was in 2000. With the way the game has evolved since then, there have been 6 Editions of that Code, with changes made in 2003, 2008, 2010, 2013 and 2015. It was felt that the time was right for a new Code of Laws, providing a chance to review all the Laws, to make some significant alterations and to tidy up many of the piecemeal changes made since 2000.Law Summary Paper
Our new pavilion, with enhanced facilities, is open for bookings.
The newly constructed Guildford Pavilion, located in the heart of Guildford on the Woodbridge Road, is the perfect location for your next event.
It’s a diverse space, with ample parking, for events from 10 people up to 180.Pavilion bookings
Guildford Cricket Club and Sponsorship
Guildford Cricket Club has plenty of sponsorship opportunities and many affiliated Partners.
We are delighted to have the help of SNAP Sponsorship working with us to gain more sponsorship for the Club. As one of the biggest cricket clubs in Surrey, it is key for us to find Sponsors to support the 1000 Members and future generations of the Club.
Take a look at our Partner page and see what our various Sponsors & Partners can offer you as Members of the Club!Club Sponsorship