Guildford CC is one of the largest, most successful cricket clubs in Surrey. We are founder members of the Surrey Championship League and our 1st XI play in the First Division.
On a Saturday we field three men’s Xls whilst on a Sunday our Academy (U-21) team play in the Surrey Trust League. Our Women’s first team are in the Championship division of the Southern League and we also run an U15 Girls’ team. In addition, we have Men’s and Women’s teams in the T20 Surrey Slam competition. We also run a vast programme of junior cricket, ages 7-17, along with an U19 team.
Guildford Cricket Club
Controlled access to the cricket nets
under ECB guidance
Public Health Guidance for Limited Usage from Strict Conditions and Website Booking System
This guidance is driven by public health considerations.
The nets will be open from Saturday 23 May 2020. Usage will be strictly regulated based on the terms of the ECB Guidance issued on Friday 15 May 2020. These have at their heart the government’s social distancing and other measures which also remain in place in all respects.
Enforcement of Conditions of Usage of the Nets
This advice is principally to clarify our responsibilities towards other members. Covid-19 is a deadly disease which continues to circulate in the community. Some of us may be young and/or immune but we can also be a carrier of the virus and pass it on to others who may be less fortunate.
Therefore, the use of the nets will be monitored and the guidance below strictly enforced. As any member or members in breach of the guidance would constitute an unwarranted risk to the health of others they will face disciplinary measures.
Summary of Main Points
- The pavilion, including changing rooms, showers and toilets are closed. The public toilets in Woodbridge Road may be open.
- The Club is required to maintain an accurate written record of contact information for those who have used the nets to support contact tracing in the case of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection. The online booking system has been devised for this very purpose and is compulsory.
- Bookings are for a limited duration of 45 minutes and you must vacate the nets immediately. You may not stay to socialise.
- The Government guidelines of social distancing must be observed at all times.
- Only members who have paid a 2020 subscription may book or otherwise use the nets.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a parent or an adult living in the same household who must be present throughout the net session.
- There will be a first aid kit on site for personal use, but no first aider.
- Anyone who experiences Covid-19 symptoms within 7 days of being at Woodbridge Road must report that fact to Charley Teale, GCC Welfare Officer, on 07906 051158.
Strict social distancing measures in accordance with government advice are at the heart of the conditions of use:
- users must cease practising and vacate the nets 45 minutes after the booked start time of each session – do not overstay your allocated time slot which ends at 15 minutes to the hour; you must be clear of the area by the time the next users arrive. You may not stay to socialise.
- two members may share a net if they are from different households or from the same household.
- three members may only use a single net if they are all from the same household.
- initially, only two of four nets will be open at any one time with a distance of at least one vacant net between them. A further two nets maybe added on the square depending on demand.
- your net will be allocated to you in the booking system – you may not vary this.
Other Covid-19 Related Measures to be Observed
As well as washing your hands at home before leaving for the Club:
- members must bring their own hand sanitiser with them and apply it before entering the nets
- Covid-19 may be contracted by touching a ball or equipment handled by an infected person – to reduce the risk of this no saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time
- for the same reason do not borrow equipment – use only your own equipment, including your own cricket balls – your equipment must be kept in a zipped bag when not in use
- similarly avoid touching the netting and metal work of the nets
- the pavilion remains closed and members must not attempt to gain entry at any time
- only members who have paid their full 2020 subscription will be able to make a booking. Go to the Club’s Membership page for further details. Go to the Club’s Pitchero page to pay your 2020 subs.
- If players are experiencing difficulties in maintaining their membership through loss of earnings because of the pandemic they should contact the Guildford Cricket Club Treasurer
- fellow users of your net must also have paid their subscription
- nets can only be used if pre-booked on the on-line booking system – please see the tracing requirements for Covid-19 within the ECB guidelines
- bookings must include ALL of your fellow net users’ names – please see the tracing requirements for Covid-19 within the ECB guidelines
- members may only participate in one net session per day
- bookings will be on a first come, first served, basis
- the nets will be open between 12 noon and close at 6pm (further details and time slots will be published as soon as available)
- Guildford Cricket Club’s Privacy Notice
How to Book
Fair Play and Our Vision
Guildford Cricket Club supports and endorses a policy of respect for opposition players, officials and team-mates.
We encourage competitive cricket played in the right spirit and encourage all our members, of whatever age, to enjoy the game and the Club’s facilities.
Guildford Cricket Club Junior section
Junior Section Club Ethos
It is important to us that the Junior Section is an enjoyable, successful, well-respected and professional cricket club for all involved.
Please take a minute to watch these children and to hear how they see their world of sport.
This film has been produced by the NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) as part of a range of materials to support sports clubs to promote positive parental/spectator behaviour.
Partners and Major Events
Cricket For All
Come and join us here at Woodbridge Road
Whatever your age or ability, male or female, there is a welcome for you here at Guildford CC.
Seniors’ training takes place on Thursday evenings from 6pm during the season and there are Winter Net sessions in the early spring, so come down to Woodbridge Road and meet our coaches and captains. Contact Bob Cunningham.
For Juniors, training is on Friday nights and Sunday mornings with a Winter Nets programme at RGS January to March. We accommodate boys and girls from the age of 8 and there’s a clear path into senior cricket as the youngsters develop. Contact Matthew Finnegan.
Guildford Cricket Club
Become the Scorer & Umpire for our 3rd XI Saturday team
We are seeking both a scorer and umpire for our 3rd XI Saturday team.
We play 18 games throughout the season and it would be a great chance for a parent or family member to become involved in the senior setup. You will be paid for your time and once more will spend a thoroughly enjoyable Saturday around the team.
Any applicants please contact Cameron Green on 07801 573814 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surrey Cricket Federation
Courses for Coaches, Scorers and Umpires
If you are interested in learning or developing your skills as a coach, scorer or umpire over the winter, then why not join one of the courses run by the Surrey Cricket Federation. Twitter: @surreycricketfd
Our new pavilion with enhanced facilities
The Pavilion at Guildford Cricket Club, located in the heart of Guildford on the Woodbridge Road, is available to host conferences and events. We have first-class facilities and flexible spaces to suit any type of event from corporate functions to private weddings, concerts and beyond. It’s a diverse space, with ample parking, for events from 10 people up to 180.Pavilion bookings
Guildford Cricket Club and Sponsorship
Guildford Cricket Club has plenty of sponsorship opportunities and many affiliated Partners.
Take a look at our Partner page and see what our various Sponsors & Partners can offer you as Members of the Club!Club Sponsorship