Further to the various messages you have already received, I thought it worth summarising the current situation. Overall, we are following Government, ECB and Surrey Cricket Foundation guidance and instructions. The position is;
– County cricket will not start, at the earliest, before May 28th.
– The Surrey cricket festival (Surrey v Northants) at WR has been cancelled.
– The Guildford Beer Festival at WR has been cancelled
– The ECB has decided that all forms of recreational cricket is suspended until further notice.
– The Woodbridge Road ground is now closed including for running and any general fitness activity.
I apologise for being the bearer of gloomy news but I am sure we are all on board with behaving as responsibly as we possibly can.
All decisions are being led by medical and scientific guidance from the Government and, as we receive relevant updates, we will keep you advised.
Rest assured, as and when the cricket season looks like a possibility, we will all work as hard as we can to make up for lost time.
Any questions, do please get in touch.
Chairman, Guildford Cricket Club