Among the highlights of the last two seasons have been Cricket Week and mastermind Tim Walter has unveiled the programme for the third Woodbridge Road extravaganza, in the hope that we will be blessed with fine weather again.
It launches on Monday July 29 with an U19 Surrey Vitality T20 clash between Guildford and Cranleigh, from 2.30pm, followed by a ladies match from 6pm, with a barbecue for players and guests from 5pm.
Tuesday July 30 sees the club six-a-side competition, from 1pm, looking to build on its highly successful launch last year. It’s a round-robin, each player contributing a dish for tea. Once the cricket is over, around 7pm, there will be a dodgeball competition in front of the pavilion plus a barbecue afterwards.
Wednesday July 31 sees an all-day match (11.30am) between Guildford and The Wanderers, where additional lunches and teas can be provided (please call Tim Walter on 07882-054111 or email him at email@example.com).
Thursday August 1 sees another all-day game, where a Guildford second/third team take on The Dolphins from 11.30am.
That is followed by a barbecue from 5pm, when all those who supported the club through the cricket and beer festivals last month will be thanked.
Friday August 2 wraps it up with a double-bill – at Woodbridge Road the junior festival takes place from 6pm, which will be a mixed age event using both the main square and artificial pitch, with a barbecue afterwards. Meanwhile, a fathers/sons team will be heading to Shackleford in the evening for a T20.
The bar will be open throughout the week, so don’t miss the fun.
- Cricket Week: Surrey Trust League U19 T20 / Women's T20 - 29/07/2019 - 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Cricket Week: Guildford CC six aside competition - 30/07/2019 - 11:30 am - 9:30 pm
- Cricket Week: Guildford CC v Wanderers CC - 31/07/2019 - 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Cricket Week: Guildford CC v Dolphins CC - 01/08/2019 - 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Cricket Week: Junior Day & Shackleford T20 - 02/08/2019 - 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm