GCC is committed to ensuring all Children (i.e all persons under the age of 18 ) participating in cricket have a safe and positive experience.
We will do this by
- Implementing the ‘ECB Safe Hands – Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children’
- The continuous visibility and promotion of this policy to all club members
- Ensuring Club Safeguarding Officers attend the required ECB and NSPCC training
- Ensuring that all coaches are qualified and comply with the ‘ECB Coaches’ code of conduct’
- Recognising all children participating in cricket (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have the right to have fun and be protected from harm in a safe environment
- Ensuring individuals working within cricket at, or for, our club: –
- Provide a welcoming, safe, and fun experience for children
- Have a responsibility for safeguarding children, and understand how the “Safe Hands Policy” applies to them
- Are recruited and appointed in accordance with ECB guidelines and relevant legislation including Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- Are provided with support, through education and training, so they are aware of, and can adhere to, good practice and Code of Conduct guidelines defined by the ECB
- Ensuring the name and contact details of the Club Safeguarding Officer is available:- As the first point of contact for parents, children and volunteers/staff within the club – As a local source of procedural advice for the club, its committee and members
- Providing an environment where the views of children, parents and volunteers are sought and welcomed on a range of issues. This will help us create an environment where people have the opportunity to voice any concerns to the Club
- Ensuring all suspicions concerns and allegations are taken seriously and dealt with swiftly and appropriately
- Ensuring access to confidential information relating to child safeguarding matters is restricted to those who need to know in order to safeguard children
Contact details of the Club’s Safeguarding Officers can be found here.