Guildford CC is one of the largest, most successful cricket clubs in Surrey. We are founder members of the Surrey Championship League and our 1st XI play in the Premier Division.
On a Saturday we field five men's Xls whilst on a Sunday we field an Academy (U-21) and Development (U-18) team in the Surrey Trust League. Our Women's 1st XI play in the Championship Division of the Women's Southern League. We also run a vast programme of junior cricket, ages 7-17.
Guildford Cricket Club supports and endorses a policy of respect for opposition players, officials and team-mates.
We encourage competitive cricket played in the right spirit and encourage all our members, of whatever age, to enjoy the game and the Club’s facilities.
Partners and Major Events
Cricket For All
Come and join us here at Woodbridge Road.
Whatever your age or ability, male or female, there is a welcome for you here at Guildford CC.
Seniors’ training takes place on Thursday evenings from 6pm, so come down to Woodbridge Road and meet our coaches and captains. Contact Bob Cunningham.
For Juniors, training is on Friday nights and Sunday mornings with a Winter Nets programme at RGS January to March. We accommodate boys and girls from the age of 8 and there’s a clear path into senior cricket as the youngsters develop. Contact Neil Garrett.
The Guildford Cricket Festival 2016
This will take place at Guildford Cricket Club on Tuesday 14th June and Saturday 2nd – Tuesday 5th July.
The Guildford Cricket Festival is the traditional name for the week when Surrey CCC come and play professional cricket at Guildford. There is always a distinct Festival atmosphere – our ground at Woodbridge Road is transformed by sponsors’ tents on the boundary edge, along with seating for over 2,000 spectators.
- SURREY v SUSSEX (Royal London One-Day Cup – 50 overs match) on Tuesday, 14 June
- SURREY v WARWICKSHIRE (Specsavers County Championship, four days) from Saturday 2nd, to Tuesday 5th July
Guildford Cricket Club’s first ‘Cricket Week’ since the early 1970s
Guildford CC Aniversary Cricket Week
Mon 18 – Sun 24 July & Thurs 29 Sept 2016
Guildford Cricket Club will be holding its first cricket week since the early 1970s, running Monday 18 – Sunday 24 July & Thurs 29 Sept 2016, and it will involve the whole cricket club across the eight days.
The schedule is as follows:
- Monday 18th July: Women’s Match: The social will include a curry in the evening
- Tuesday 19th July: All day game v Dolphins CC for players of third and fourth team level – followed by evening BBQ
- Wednesday 20th July: All-day game against the Wanderers CC for players of first and second team level. This will also incorporate a hog roast, with past players, sponsors and guests all invited.
- Thursday 21st: U19 Premier League T20 match, plus an additional T20 match to be played before (an internal game for Guildford members starting at 1pm).
- Friday 22nd July: Junior Day
- Saturday 23rd July: Guildford CC v Weybridge CC – 1st XI
- Sunday 24th July: Guildford CC v Royal Household CC at Great Windsor Park
- Thursday 29th Sept: Guildford CC v Cross Arrows CC ( mainly made up of MCC staff) on the Nursery Ground at Lord’s Cricket Ground in St John’s Wood.
The social committee, junior and senior cricket committees and the main club committee are meeting to put together a social plan and any further arrangements for the cricket week. All we’ll need is good weather and our members’ support, so please put these dates in your diary early and each captain and age group manager will be in touch for your availability.
Become a Guildford CC Social Member
For a cost of £30, you can become a Social Member of Guildford Cricket club for the 2016 season
Here’s what your membership gives you:
- Members receive their personal Membership Pass/Fixture Card in April. This entitles them to free entry to the Sports Ground at all times including the Guildford Cricket Festival to watch Surrey CCC.
- Use of all club facilities including the Pavilion Club Room, Bar and Balcony. Note that the Pavilion is not open to GCC members during the Annual Cricket Festival (when it is reserved for the County teams and match officials).
- The Bar is open on match days during the cricket season (Saturdays 10.30-2.30 and 5.30-11.00 and Sundays 12-2 and 6-10.30). It is open on Thursday and Friday evenings after training.
- Teas (and lunches and evening meals at Saturday 1st XI games) are available for purchase at reasonable cost on match days (please check with our Catering Manager, David Squires on 07796 261773).
Guildford Beer Festival
Friday 10 June & Saturday 11 June
The Seventh Annual Guildford Beer Festival will take place on Friday 10th and Saturday 11th June 2016 at Guildford Cricket Club in Woodbridge Road.
Chad Murrin, Commercial Manager said: “The GBF has become something of a Guildford Summer institution. It is a very popular event – nearly 4,000 attended last Summer. We have tried to improve the event each year we have had it but we won’t be making big changes to what is a very successful format. The event will again be held in marquees and outdoors at Guildford Cricket Club, the focus will be on beers from local independent and microbreweries and craft ciders, and there will be the usual attractive live music programme.”
New GBF Chairman
James Faulkner has succeeded Chad Murrin as GBF Chairman. James joined the GBF Committee in 2012 and has led on the selection of the Beer List.
James Faulkner commented: “I’m delighted to become Chairman of the Guildford Beer Festival for 2016. Having been involved in the GBF for a number of years, it has been fantastic to see it develop into the event it is today. The rest of the committee and I are looking forward to continuing to build on this success for 2016.”
James is supported by Steve Page (Operations), Steve Currie (Finance) and Chad Murrin (Commercial) and the rest of the Committee.
Scorers & Umpirers
Guildford CC are looking for Scorers and Umpires for the 2016 season to cover senior cricket matches on Saturdays and Sundays.
All matches are 40 plus overs per side, are played in Surrey and generally start at midday finishing at 7pm.
The club is happy to pay depending on qualifications and experience.
For more information please contact Bob Cunningham 07768 374 921 / email@example.com
Guildford Cricket Club and Sponsorship
Guildford Cricket Club has plenty of sponsorship opportunities and many affiliated Partners.
We are delighted to have the help of SNAP Sponsorship working with us to gain more sponsorship for the Club. As one of the biggest cricket clubs in Surrey, it is key for us to find Sponsors to support the 1000 Members and future generations of the Club.
Take a look at our Partner page and see what our various Sponsors & Partners can offer you as Members of the Club!