Date / Time
Date(s) - 24/01/2021
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
RGS Sports Centre
See other events in the same category:
Guildford Cricket Club
Junior Winter Training
under ECB COVID-19 Guidance for cricket indoors
Indoor nets at the Royal Grammar School Sports Hall (High St, Guildford, GU1 3BB) will be available to the Junior 2021 membership (go to the Club’s Membership page for more information about membership and how to pay).
Training will begin on Sunday 24th January and run for eight weeks. The dates and timetable for each of the age groups is shown below.
Winter Training dates 2021
- Sunday 24 January 2021
- Sunday 31 January 2021
- Sunday 7 February 2021
- Sunday 14 February 2021
- Sunday 21 February 2021
- Sunday 28 February 2021
- Sunday 7 March 2021
- Note: Sunday 14 March 2021 no training
- Sunday 21 March 2021
- 10.00 – 10.50: Girls up to 18
- 11.00 – 11.50: U8s
- 12.00 – 12.50: U9s/U10s
- 13:00 – 13.50: U11s
- 14.00 – 14.50: U12s
- 15.00 – 16.20: U15s
- 16.30 – 17.40: U14s
- 17.50 – 19.00: U13s
Age is calculated from 1 September 2020 and players stay in that age group for the season.
Girls are invited to their age group sessions as well as the session between 10.00 – 10.50. New players are welcome at all sessions.
Sessions must be pre-booked with all relevant boxes completed. An email will be sent confirming the booking. If, subsequently, you are unable to attend, please cancel your booking online. Due to COVID restrictions, each session will be limited to 15 places. Bookings will be on a week by week basis. If the session you are trying to book is full and oversubscribed, you will be placed on a waiting list which will give you a priority booking opportunity for the following week.
Please do not attend if anyone in your household is showing signs of COVID-19 infection. These are described as follows:
- A high temperature.
- A new or continuous cough.
- A loss or change to your sense of taste or smell.
- Due to COVID-19 Tier 2 restrictions, it will not be possible for parents or carers to watch the sessions from the viewing area.
- Drop off and pick up will be from outside the Sports Hall.
- There will be a QR poster on site which we would ask you to scan for Test and Trace purposes.
- Please look to arrive no earlier than five minutes before your session. If you arrive earlier, please remain in your car.
- Please pick up and vacate the site promptly at the end of training to facilitate the safe arrival of the next group.
- We are aiming for single use balls, so please can the participants carry a marked ball with their kit.
- There will be no sharing of kit, so players in the age group of Under 10 and over should have their own protective equipment, including helmets.
- There is no parking on site; public parking is nearby.
Online bookings – Terms & Conditions
On the booking form the member or junior member’s parents will need to confirm:
- that their household have no COVID-19 symptoms;
- that they have access to the Club’s Membership page for further details about 2020-21 membership and can access the Club’s Pitchero page to pay the 2021 subs;
- that they have read the Summary of Adaptations for Participants from the ECB guidance for indoor cricket, posted on the Club website 9 December 2020;
- that they understand that, due to COVID restrictions, each session is limited to 15 places and if the session becomes oversubscribed, their system-confirmed booking may become subsequently unsuccessful in order to give all participants of the busier sessions fair access to the training programme; and at which point they be emailed immediately by the Age Group Manager and placed on a priority list for the next session.
- that they agree to a disclaimer from liability for accident, illness or injury in favour of Guildford Cricket Club;
- Guildford Cricket Club’s Privacy Notice gives full details of its use of your personal data
Please also note the following very important point from the previous advice:
Anyone who experiences COVID-19 symptoms within 7 days of being at RGS Sports Hall must report that fact to Charley Teale, GCC Welfare Officer, on 07906 051158.
Get in touch
Contact Olly Birts (Director of Cricket) for any more information