Guildford Cricket Club produces a club development plan every year which not only meets ECB and Surrey requirements but also acts as a valuable tool to guide the club through the coming years in a structured and effective way. Within this plan there are a lot of targets and visions covering 1-5 years in the future and the information below is a synopsis of the club’s latest plan for 2015.
Successes in 2014
- A record year of achievement in junior cricket – Winners of the ECB National U1-5 Cup and Runners-up at U-13 level. Other junior success in age groups in the West Surrey and Two Counties Leagues and ECB Surrey Cup. Large numbers of junior players selected for district and county representative cricket.
- Men’s 1st XI continues in the Premier Division of The Surrey Championship League. Four Xi’s fielded on Saturdays. Record number of juniors introduced into men’s cricket.
- Women’s 1st XI promoted to WCSL Division 1.
- Woodbridge Road hosted Surrey CCC county championship and limited overs matches, plus two Surrey CCC 2nd XI matches.
- Outstanding coaching organisation led by Jeremy Greaves (Director of Coaching) and Matthew Teale (Head of Junior Coaching).
- Winter training facilities provided through strong relationships with Surrey CCC and Royal Grammar School.
Plans for 2015
- Enter into new lease agreement with Guildford Borough Council and Surrey CCC, which will lead to major pavilion redevelopment and modernisation.
- Install permanent seating for spectators at The Sports Ground in Woodbridge Road.
- Increase the number of volunteers involved at the club
- Identify a new second ground
- Continue to provide District and County players for Surrey boys and girls
- Continue to strengthen relationships with local schools
- Strive to maintain and exceed minimum player: coach ratios
Further to these successes and plans, the club is also working towards a 5 year vision:
Five Year Vision
- Increase participation, club membership, coaching and volunteer roles
- Pavilion development and install permanent seating
- Strengthen the structure and pathway for women and girls to actively participate in cricket
- Maintain and improve the quality of the junior section
- Further establish our links with Surrey CCC and secure first class cricket at Woodbridge Road
This gives you a flavour of what YOUR CLUB has achieved and what it plans to achieve moving forward. If you would like any more information on the successes and plans, or if you are interested in providing support, please contact email@example.com.